Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ice People

http://www.icepeople.com/index.html

This is a new documentary that is currently making the rounds around indie film festivals around the world. I really hope it does well because, well, Antarctica is the ultimate destination for us geologists. The film features two world-famous professors at NDSU, both of whom I know well, and also features two undergraduate students in the Geology Department at NDSU. One has graduated and is now doing graduate work at Carbondale, and Kelly is still here with us in ND. I'm really excited because it takes place in my favorite destination on the planet, and features the life of a geologist, a field I could not be more passionate about! It's also really neat knowing I know all four of these individuals quite well. As a matter of fact, I'll be attending a party at Adam's house in July! I'd feel really weird being in a film like that. Adam, Andrew, and Kelly were kind enough to share some stories with me, and I guess the film crew constantly tried to follow them into the bathroom! Anyway, I can't wait to see it. I think it is going to be at the Fargo Theatre later this year?

No comments: